Thank you for considering to help with the development of BusKill!
As an open-source project, we depend on the work of volunteers to stay alive, and your time helping to improve our project is very much appreciated :)
Below is a list of items on our TODO list. If you’d like to help us tackle these tasks, please contact us as there may be someone already working on a given task that you may be able to collaborate with.
Please be aware that any contributions you make will be made open-source. See License for more info.
Here’s some items on our wish list that you can help contribute to:
- Translating our app and this documentation to another language
- Testing our app on many Supported Platforms
- Writing new auxillary triggers, such as
- Fix PyInstaller to support reproducible builds on MacOS and Windows
- Port BusKill to Android
- Port BusKill to iOS
- Update appimagetool to include squashfs-tools v4.4
- Create a video extension in sphinx that has a graceful fallback on PDF and printing to paper
- Create a spreadsheet extension in sphinx that converts LibreOffice Calc documents (with formulas in them) into csv format (using
localc) at build-time for creating BOM tables in reST documents.
- Create a sphinx part library extension that does for .stl and FreeCAD files what autodoc does for .py files.
- Open-source USB magnetic disconnect (.stl file, BOM w/ link to USB components/magnets/pogo connector, build instructions, etc)
- A simple-as-possible open-source USB peripheral that can send USB hotplug events but doesn’t have the ability to send data to the machine, including a low-tech guide to verify the integrity of the device.
Running the BusKill project has many fees, including
- Server & domain infrastructure fees
- Code Signing Keys fees
- Developer account fees (ie: Apple)
If you have more money than free time, you can also help BusKill by making a donation. We accept Bitcoin and Monero.
BTC 1DXyJpmu2KQMw2v4QJVzzjZo6f87BBndu6 XMR 4B5ra5N1SN4d7BqDtkxAE5G5kGNz5mA5oCob41RzzoduM1uPAcr7QmNLzXtci5HvtkNXC7SowkxMjUUCXF2hm57MMS4jwkx
Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Thank you!